Monday, October 09, 2006

Mario Manningham reportedly out with injury for Penn State game

Details are sketchy at this point but it is being reported that potential All-America wide receiver Mario Mannigham will likely miss this Saturday's game vs. Penn State due to a knee injury suffered during the MSU game. The super sophmore has racked up 9 touchdowns this season (8 in the past 4 games) and has twice been named the Big 10 Offensive Player of the Week this season. The "Wolverine Insider" Angelique S. Chengelis (a/k/a The Angel of The Big House) of the Detroit News is reporting that Manningham is unlikely to play vs. Penn State due to the injury. The extent of the injury and how long Manningham might be out is unknown at this point. As ESPN noted, Coach Carr is not providing details at this time.

Here is how the exchange went between Coach Carr and the media at today's press conference:

Is Mario Manningham going to play? ... "Is he going to play? Well, we'll have to see."
Is there anything at all (on Mario) that you want to comment on about his situation? ... "I don't have any comment on Mario. I'm sure you will understand, because I don't know everything there is to know. At some point I will. Make sure you leave your cells with me and I'll call you (laughter)."
Are you acknowledging there are issues that you need to find out? ... "I'm not acknowledging anything."
There are rumors ... "Well, no, I can't. I just don't have anything to tell you. I really don't have anything to say."

More information will be posted on this developing story as it becomes available. Go Blue!

*Note: Photo of Mario Manningham by Rashaun Rucker/Detroit Free Press

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home