Sunday, September 30, 2007

Wanted: Field Goal Kicker

Jason Gingell was 0-2 on field goal attempts against Northwestern and is now a miserable 3-9 on the season. It may be time to give Bryan Wright or K.C. Lopata a shot at kicking field goals. Gingell was originally named the starter over the strong legged Wright because it was thought that Gingell was more accurate than Wright. I can't imagine Wright being LESS accurate than three of nine. Here is the game-by-game breakdown of Gingell's field goal adventures this season (field goals made in parenthesis):


  • Appalachian State: (22), (42), 43, 37

  • Oregon: 42

  • Notre Dame: (39)

  • Penn State: 29

  • Northwestern: 26, 39
Go Blue!

*NOTE: Photo of Jason Gingell (34) and Zoltan Mesko (41) by JOHN T. GREILICK/The Detroit News

4 Comments:

At 10:54 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

I think Wright has a scholarship and Gingell was a walk on. I was optimistic about Gingell but it seems like something is in his head. Definitely time to put in Wright or Lopata for field goals.

I guess the game was won and thats really what matters but I would have liked to see Carr let Mallet throw a bit more. Conservatism in the first half almost cost the game.

 
At 10:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let Mesko kick field goals! Check out his profile on mgoblue.com, he was by far the best kicker in high school out of any kicker on the team.

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

I like double duty kickers. My favorite was Mike Gillette.

 
At 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my uncle is Mike Gillette. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home