Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Back in, Back out

It appeared for a brief moment earlier today that Les Miles might once again be in the coaching candidate search. However, as quickly as he was back in it, he was back out of it. The Detroit Free Press ran an article today which revealed that Michigan President Mary Sue Coleman had personally contacted Les Miles by telephone on Friday, December 7, 2007. It was widely assumed that the discussion between the two of them included some talk of Miles coming to coach the Wolverines next season. However, Miles issued a statement on the LSU athletic dept. website today stating the following:

I had a conversation with Michigan last week that covered a wide range of topics. I was doing nothing more than helping them with their search for a football coach, just as any loyal alumnus might do. It was nothing more than that.
“I’m not a candidate for that job and I will not be a candidate for the job. I was only assisting them in their search for a coach. I have a great job at a wonderful place, a place that my family calls home. It’s time that Michigan goes on with their search for a football coach. I’ll say it again, I’m going to be the coach at LSU next season.


It appears, once again, that the idea of Les Miles coaching Michigan will not come to fruition. The dream (or nightmare, depending on your viewpoint) of having either Ron English or Brady Hoke coach the Wolverines next year is stronger than ever at this point. Go Blue!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

IF RON ENGLISH GETS THE JOB MICH IS DONE.HE CANT COACH THE DEFENSE.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home